Hi and welcome to my blog, I'm an entertainment entrepreneur, product strategist, passionate about creating innovative business models for the entertainment industry in the digital age. As CEO of MusicSynk, my focus for the last 18 months has been building the MusicSynk - Sync Rights Organization.
Here is part of my story.
- I began my career as a songwriter and producer at Sony Tree Publishing, writing and producing songs while a student at Belmont University in the early 90′s.
- I started a production company, Paradiso Music, producing records and playing guitar in the studio for artists Pink, Vince Gill, Flaco Jimenez, Amy Grant, Alabama, Hank Williams Jr. Trisha Yearwood, Steven Curtis Chapman, MTV, ESPN, Fox, CNN, Peter Cetera and Michael Omartian.
- In 2003 - we received an American Music Award.
- Paradiso grew into Ripcord Publishing Company with a tribe of 6 staff writers focused on advertising, film and tv sync licensing
- In 2006 - we partnered in a joint venture with Major Bob Music (Garth Brook’s management company), yielding a song/video of the year nomination.
- In 2007 - produced the Fear Killer as the first book release with 5,000+ units in sales.
- Seeing the overlap between content and technology, in 2008, the Ripcord Technology Group was created.
- 2009 - As Entrepreneur-in-Residence I advise BlueArc Capital a private investment firm, on emerging media entertainment industry trends.
- A guest speaker at Vanderbilt Owen School of Business, Belmont University, Baylor University, and industry events, including BMI, ASCAP, GMA, CIA, 2NMC Music Conferences. Themes at the intersection of entertainment, entrepreneurship, and technology.
- 2010 - We organize the event series, Innovation Nashville. Innovation Nashville is a forum for entrepreneurial, technology and media/entertainment communities that offers direct, uncensored access to information, ideas and individuals that are driving change.
- My focus for the last 18 months has been building the MusicSynk - Sync Rights Organization.
- Ripcord Technology Group, now LoudLAb is a small team that strive to re-think innovation across the entertainment vertical - currently existing or not.
Thanks for being here and being a part of the conversation. I look forward to the great things before us.